Board of County Commissioners
The nine-member Board of County Commissioners is the governing body of Mecklenburg County. Elections are held in November of even-numbered years with six commissioners elected by district and three commissioners elected at-large.
Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners
- Karen Bentley: email@example.com; (704) 432-3997
- Dumont Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org; (704) 331-1051
- Pat Cotham: email@example.com; (704) 336-3866
- George Dunlap: firstname.lastname@example.org; (704) 336-4419
- Trevor M. Fuller: email@example.com; (7040 724-5831
- Bill James: firstname.lastname@example.org; (704) 336-2573
- Vilma Leake: email@example.com; (704) 336-2088
- Kim M. Ratliff: firstname.lastname@example.org; (704) 336-2641
- Matthew Ridenhour: email@example.com; (704) 336-5400
Regular meetings of the Board are generally held the first and third Tuesdays of each month beginning at 6 p.m. in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center.
The Board’s major responsibilities include adopting the annual County budget, setting the County property tax rate, and assessing and establishing priorities on the many community needs, especially those related to health, education, welfare, mental health and the environment. The Board also makes appointments to citizen advisory committees.
Agendas are published on the Friday preceding the meeting.
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are held at:
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center
600 East Fourth Street
Informal Work Sessions and/or Closed Sessions are at 5 p.m. prior to each Regular meeting in Meeting Chamber Conference Room CH-14 (basement level).Budget/Public Policy Workshops are held the second Tuesday of each month at 3 p.m. in Room 267 (2nd floor).Special Meetings are held as needed.
Exceptions: Regular Meetings are held every first and third Wednesday if there is a Monday Holiday. In July and August only one meeting will be held on the 1st Tuesday of each month.