The Sierra Club Central Piedmont Group is working with a broad coalition of environmental, faith, consumer, and social justice organizations to oppose the Duke Energy rate hike. In preparation for the North Carolina Utilities Commission public hearing in Charlotte on June 26, there are several things that you can do:
- Put the hearing date, June 26, on your calendar.
- Plan to attend the 5:00 PM peaceful rally and press conference at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse.
- Attend a training session on June 18 or June 22 to learn more and prepare for making public comments.
- Download the three flyers developed by the Sierra Club Central Piedmont Group, Consumers Against Rate Hikes, and NC WARN. Read and share the flyers!
- Plan to speak at the public hearing.
- Spread the word about the rally, press conference and public hearing on your blog, Facebook page, Google circles, etc. Send a personal email to your friends, neighbors, business associates, etc.
Thanks so much for your support!
Public Hearing Details
North Carolina Utilities Commission Public Hearing on Duke Energy Rate Hike
June 26 (Wednesday)
5:00 PM Rally and Press Conference – Hearing Begins at 6:00 PM
Mecklenburg County Courthouse, Courtroom 5310
832 East 4th Street
Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/Elw9f
June 18 (Tues)
6:30 – 8:00 PM
Area 15 Meeting Room
516 E 15th Street, Charlotte, NC 28206
June 22 (Sat)
1:00 to 3:00 PM
Mugs Coffee Shop
5126 Park Rd, Suite 1D, Charlotte, NC 28209
Click on a flyer to download, read and share the facts!