Are you ready for the elections this fall? We’re expecting high voter turnout this year—as voters choose the next President, members of Congress, NC’s next Governor, judges, and every member of our state legislature.
Now is the time to make sure you are registered and ready to go. Here’s some links to help you get ready:
- Check your registration. Visit the NC State Board of Elections website to ensure that your registration is up to date and accurate (re-register if you’ve moved!). The deadline to register through the mail is October 12th, although you can also register during early voting.
- Register or update your information. Find out how you can register and what you’ll need at NC Election Connection. To avoid problems when you vote, fill out a new voter registration form if you’ve changed your name, address, or party affiliation.
- Miss the deadline to register? Use same day registration during early voting. In NC you can register and vote during Early Voting, which begins October 18th and ends November 3rd. (Note: you CANNOT register on Election Day.) NC Election Connection has information about same day registration, including what you’ll need to bring to register during early voting. You MUST vote immediately at the early voting location when you use this method to register or update your information.
- Find your polling place. Because of re-districting, your polling place may have changed. You can check your polling place on the NC State Board of Elections website.
- For additional information about the upcoming election we recommend visiting NCElectionConnection.com.
We hope you’re as excited to vote as we are this fall. Please mark your calendars for Election Day on November 6th, or hit the polls sooner during Early Voting (dates scheduled starting October 18th and running through November 3rd).
Thanks so much!